7/24/09

One Size Does Not Fit All


If a man's profile says he is 6'3", does that mean that once when he was wearing shoes and had his hair spiked up a bit he was measured at a friends house with non standardized devices to be somewhere in the proximation of a 6 footer? Sorry Chris... it was fun grabbing a beer with you the other night but if you exaggerate about your height it does not bode well either for your inteligence or your integrity. Being a bit harsh? Too 'raggedy' an edge on this topic? Sorry. Being a tall woman means being rejected a lot in the dating world because of your height. I am lashing out.

Please be accurate gentlemen with at least the length of your body's stature... within a plus-or-minus one inch deviation. That's all I ask.

For the record, I'm not height-prejudice. I have definitely dated men shorter than me. Stop laughing. Most of the world is shorter than me (particularly among the Central Americans). And I have had awesome loving relationships with shorter men. The caveat being that they like me and my height.

Dated Joey in high school and early college. He was a whopping 5'6". There was no hiding the height difference. Joey was very thick and muscular so I used to joke that our surface area was actually the same (if that perplexes you please google 'surface area' - it's a geometric joke). I dated another guy in recent years named Hayden who was 5'10". He loved my height and always asked me to wear heals, then paraded me around like I was his model. He was proud of it. And both men made me feel very feminine, and I like to think I helped them feel masculine.

The date with Chris was fine other than the fact that the height issue did seem to be... well... an issue. One size does not fill all. Next please.

No comments: